Monday, May 2, 2011

I love my boyfriend('s tee-shirts).

Quick(ish) post: This is the first of what I would like to be a constant string of 'outfit posts'. This one is sort of a 'tester', so I apologize if you are less than thrilled with the photos. I am not going to make the outfit posts an 'every post' kinda thing.. but I do plan on having them make a regular appearance on my blog.

Anyway.

Ever since I dyed my hair red (or carrot, copper, blood orange, whatever) last week, I have been leaning more towards the grungy, punky, rock and roll-chic style that I so blatantly advocate on my blog. And what better way to lean than in my boyfriend's closet? He conveniently has quite a collection of old punk t-shirts from his wild child days (his times of overkill in the sex, drugs, and rock and roll department actually worked in my favor!). The outfit below is not really mind-blowing or ground-breaking or even fashion-breaking, but I love it because it's super fucking comfortable and still holds its own in the slightly edgy department. I like to call it 'I woke up hungover and need pancakes ASAP but still want to look cool and not like a hot mess' outfit. Throw on a pair of skinnies, fish out your boyfriend's vintage band tee, slip on a pair of your favorite flats, slab on a light coat of foundation and tons of eyeshadow to mask the bags under your eyes, and you are ready to take on the world (or at least the International House of Pancakes).


Shirt: My boyfriend's closet (duh).
Jeans: Levi skinnies.
Bra: I'll never tell.
Shoes: Vintage.
Pink Belt (transformed into a bracelet, left wrist): Imported from London, England, circa 2001.
Keys (right hip): I ride a bike.

So ladies, the next time you want to be jealous of your boyfriend's past (even though you didn't fucking know each other), don't get mad, raid his closet.

2 comments:

  1. a hot mess is still hot.. and someone might just want to clean? i say "groovy,groovy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a great hair!

    :)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fashion-Passion/127087060700971 - FASION PASSION because we all love to be a little fashion victims! :)

    FASHION VICTIM
    FASHION passion -FBpage - ALL BOUT FASHION, EVENTS, ART, FAMOUS PAINTERS, MUSIC, CONCERTS, LOOKS, MY RECIPES AND INSPIRATIONS

    MY BLOG - FASHION PASSION - MY RECIPES

    ReplyDelete