Saturday, July 16, 2011

I did this myself.

I've never really been a big fan of the whole D.I.Y. acronym explosion on the Internet. For some reason it's always bugged me. I mean, what's so hard about saying 'do it yourself?' We really need a shortcut for that? I guess it's catchy and cute and current or whatever, but I'll just stick with using big girl words. That being said, I made a vest the other day. I was going through some old jackets of mine and I came across a pink denim jacket that I bought at Target probably 8 years ago. I thought to myself, 'Why do I never wear this jacket? It's adorable! Oh, that's right. The arms fit funny.' And they do.. er.. did. They were super bulky and had elastic wrists. Ew. But the body of the jacket is adorable, and not being able to part with it I decided to be crafty and turn it into a vest. I even sat for about an hour and a half carefully and diligently sewing two heart patches that I made out of an old tee-shirt I never wear on the back of the vest... you know, to add some spunk. Rock and roll, everyone. May you find your inner vest.





No comments:

Post a Comment