Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Galaxy (not so) Far Away.

I have never been a fan of color patterned leggings, jeans, tights, anything that covers and hugs the entirety of the legs, because to me, even on the skinniest of the skinnies, these types of colorful patterns are simply NOT flattering. And what a shame because galaxy print (the new tye dye, if you will), seems to be one of the most coveted patterns to date (at least in my offbeat fashion world). Some of my favorite lookbook girls can be seen sporting the style every now and then, and when they do, I tend to shout at my computer 'but you can do better!' I mean, I know it's all sexy and shit to dig outer space, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE crazy patterns, wild bursts of color, and overzealous mismatching, but for the love of the universe, get it RIGHT. The problem with fashion is, when one person sees another person wearing something, and they like it, they automatically think they can wear it as well, not taking into account that maybe they aren't the same body type as the person wearing the style they admire. Not every style flatters every person, and galaxy print is NO exception.

Alright. Okay. SO. If you absolutely HAVE to get your hands on some galaxy inspired fashion, try to stay away from the super trendy looks, and opt for something that will last a little longer, serve a sensible purpose, and won't make you look like you've made a mess in your pants from afar. If anyone here can tell me when color patterned leggings or jeans or tights or whatever have been a good idea in the long run, I will gladly stand corrected. Until then, take a peek at my list of yes's and no's when it comes to incorporating outer space into your wardrobe:


NO!!!






(I am aware that my post is mainly addressing leggings, jeans, and the like, but this skirt has got to go.)


Absolutely not.






Yes. :)






(When it comes to swimsuits, all bets are off.)



I realize my opinion is merely an opinion, and you should wear whatever you want, but space isn't something to be taken lightly, especially when you're wearing it as pants.


(I take no credit for any images used, all are borrowed from google.)

No comments:

Post a Comment