Monday, April 22, 2013

To Leopard Or Not To Leopard?

Mmm... listening to my Le Tigre station on Pandora and the Peaches remix of The Bird and The Bee's 'F*cking Boyfriend' is playing. Delicious. I'm sipping some wine, chillin with my kitty cats, enjoying the moment at hand, and taking a little time to light some Dynamite. :P This will be a short post for the night. (In case you hadn't noticed) I really am trying to keep up with this fun little 'project' a bit more because it is important to me.. so some posts might not be as lengthy as others. Also, if ya'll have something specific you'd like me to write about, let me know and I would love to do my best! It could be fun. :)

Anyway, order in the court:

Some say that leopard print should be steered clear of altogether, but I'm not entirely convinced. I have a couple of friends who can make the pattern look AMAZING when mixed in with their outfits, but I've always been too apprehensive to try, because it can go very, very wrong. Like, Jersey Shore wrong. Or like, 'I'm 45 and can't deal with it' wrong. Or just plain wrong. I mean.. you know. And when I finally tell myself I'm not cut out to give the old leopard a shot (OooOOoh punny), I see the photos below and my jaw drops and I immediately grow speechless. Leopard print CAN be done, as Violet E. demonstrates like a badass (what else is new?). The most awesome part about her look? Her coat is thrifted. Sigh. This chick rules my world. Haha.





So what do you think, peeps? Yay or nay on sporting some spots?

I say yay. Ya just gotta have some gosh darn confidence in yourself. :)



(Photos borrowed from http://vi0lettae.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment