Friday, April 5, 2013

Maybe the world is blind.

I pretty much just dig being me (to those reading, I hope you do too.. er.. dig being you). The palette in which I showcase 'being me' might vary from day to day, but the truth remains: Be yourself, nurture your mood, follow your stylish heart, and don't ever let anyone tell you that you're superficial or stupid because you care about self expression through your wardrobe. Just don't let it all control you. The fashion industry is a farce. The creative individuals who had/have next to nothing, and can pretty much assemble an amazing piece of outfit artwork from thin air, are the brilliant ones.. the amazing ones.. the talent. Not the corporations who rob this creativity, or the trust fund kids who buy from these corporations, steal these 'looks' claim them as their own, and call it 'ART'. From those who have long been expressing themselves creatively through the means that they have, the raw beauty they possess, the perfect individuality that they own: (I fucking hate acronyms... like, oh, i dunno, DIY) Keep doing it yourself. Preferably somewhere on a slew of train tracks with a couple of dogs and a handful of dreams. Ya'll are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment